After one month of consistent knitting while chatting over coffee with the folks at Easter, during audio book time with my children, while my husband drives us to some destination, etc.....the time is well spent and I have my first knitwear for our daughter.
The pattern is from Knitting Pure & Simple and it truly is...simple. It is all knit in one piece so you don't have to sew any seams together (except the straps..minor job) or block it to complete it. That spells S-A-T-I-S-F-A-C-T-I-O-N!
The pattern directions are very detailed and I chose a child's pattern for my first piece so I could feel satisfaction a little faster than if I had chosen and adult knitwear piece. This deduction was aided by the help of the lovely ladies at Twisted Yarns. A cute little yarn shop with gobs of yarn to drool over and plenty of warm, wonderful ladies to help a newbie out. The owner even sat with me for free for 30 minutes one day to teach me how to join my work in the round. Doncha just love knitting talk?
The pattern directions are very detailed and I chose a child's pattern for my first piece so I could feel satisfaction a little faster than if I had chosen and adult knitwear piece. This deduction was aided by the help of the lovely ladies at Twisted Yarns. A cute little yarn shop with gobs of yarn to drool over and plenty of warm, wonderful ladies to help a newbie out. The owner even sat with me for free for 30 minutes one day to teach me how to join my work in the round. Doncha just love knitting talk?

What a little lady.
It must be her exercise routine of chasing brothers.
I plan to make something for me and all my men for sure from one of these patterns....those are in the works..well, mine is anyway. Ladies first right?


love, love, love this! you did such a good job - wow!
ReplyDeletei need you to show me how to knit in the round.
it's beautiful! oh man, i love it! great job! she looks just adorable in it but then again... she looks adorable in a diaper and dirt! =)
ReplyDelete