Monday, April 19, 2010

my heart is heavy

My grandmother is on her deathbed. We just celebrated her birthday. On a spring day about 3 weeks ago, she stumbled reaching to a knock out rose..I assume to get a closer look and enjoy the fragrance. The gate hit her and although I was not there, I know it was awful. She hit her head pretty hard but worst of all, she broke her femur just below her pelvic bones. Oh goodness..the pain. She has hung on well with surgery, a steel plate and two pins/screws.

When I went to visit her, it was important for me to show her my knitting coming along which is almost finished...a little sundress for my baby girl. Grandma introduced me to knitting over 10 years ago. I have picked it up once before and now again, last fall, I picked it up again and I love it and am sticking with it and planning projects. There is so much she has shared and taught me. Food/cooking, sewing, knitting, laughing at myself, having a routine and being consistent. I will enumerate those things in time here so I don't forget them.

I will miss her and look forward to seeing her again in heaven home. God's will be done. I think of her constantly these hours.

1 comment: