Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Superman, super food

After 12 years of on and off gluten, I am your amateur, gluten free friend.  I have some experience with gluten free baking and eating and am wanting to be totally gluten free for myself and my whole little family.  Unfortunately, living gluten free, in a wide world of wheat and on a budget, is pretty lonely and challenging.  I have found a good option, the best in years.  Its almond flour or meal. Rice flour is dry, dry, dry...no matter what I do but almond flour is great.  High in protein and monounsaturated fats, it is considered a superfood.  It is not dry as its oils are intact.  I like superfood for my superman...well, he will be eating it soon anyway.

Off to making cakes, cookies and even breads for my crew of supermen, oh, and, a little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment