Tuesday, June 26, 2012

furious storm

Over a week ago now, we had a furious storm that was fast but left some damage.  We lost power at around 4 pm and prior to it going out for the following 8 hours, it was flashing on and off as I continued to setup baked chicken in the electric oven.  I finally called the local pizza delivery when the power went out for good, then got busy put away all my dinner plans quickly so as to not let the cold air out of the fridge and began finishing up laundry folding before dark.  The usual constantly busy hands especially when I have extra hands to hold the little one.   Martin, the current baby holder, was here and suddenly said, "Frances's tree is down".  What??  I moved to the front door, glass of wine in hand, to witness a huge, 40+ year old flowering oak tree down across her driveway and into our circle.  So sad.  It bloomed every spring with gorgeous white flowers and our front glass door framed it beautifully so I could see it from my living room.  We mourned that tree together.  We shared stories of other storms past, conjectured why this tree fell...my husband teased me and called me a tree hugger..ha, ha, ha...it was funny.  And the boys?  They enjoyed climbing and scouring and scavenging a huge tree!  The air was cool and breezy, the moment was magnificent.  A reminder, that God has a plan and just when we need it, we get a breath of fresh air even in a furious storm.  Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment