King Tutankamen exhibit at the MFAH coincides with our history timeline as we are in Egypt right now. It was not child targeted and I noticed, I was the only parent with a gaggle of children in attendance, however, we paced it fine, even enough for me to enjoy it..no snacks or drinks in tow. It was great and they did great. I was not informed though that the mummy of King Tut has never left his tomb and the one we saw, enclosed in a plexiglass case, was a duplicate. It was still amazing to see in person. The children thought it was gross. The gift shop was fun and everyone got a souvenir of shiny rocks.
An early Saturday morning ultrasound. I have had two now in this pregnancy. Against what I would rather do considering the controversy of their saftety however, I felt the benefits outweighed the risks, both times. My back up midwife, Leah, thought I had excessive amniotic fluid. We wanted to see if I had what is called polyhydramnios which can indicate a host of things, most likely, I would have thought, a birth defect as the other reasons did not seem feasible for me. A prayer just before from Martin as we went in, as a family to check on the baby. A prayer to accept God's plan for this little one. The test showed no excessive fluid and a normal babe. We don't do prenatal testing so things can still present at birth but excessive testing leads to excessive worry and false positives...we let the Lord handle the details. The rest of the day, we counted our blessings and savored the moments together and healthy.
Why is it, just before the baby is born, the "baby" stops acting like, well, a baby?
More potty interest and exploration.
Paint mommy? Yes. She has special little girl paint for when mama is inspired to paint her toes and we do it together most times.
Woke up early and hit the grocery store with me recently. It was all good with her Starbucks hot apple cider.
Fall Festival at the TGR Exotics Wildlife Park. We are still asking ourselves, why didn't Daddy jump in on this photo? It was a pro photographer that took it that day. We still shake our heads. That is a baby kangaroo, a joey, in the pouch in my arms...so sweet! I guess I love baby anything!Roasting the largest pumpkin ever in my life. Made puree and froze some, made bread with the rest and trying to get more Vitamin A from whole foods into all the people here as much as possible.
I cannot believe I am showing you this, but, here it is...I have placed a small mirror that I had gotten out for a science project, in my window, above the ktichen sink. When I catch a glimpse of the mama in it, as she tosses more dishes in there, washes them, washes her hands for the 20th time today, etc., her face reminds me that "the children need you to love them and show them on your face". There is so much meaning in just your face. I have enjoyed seeing what I look like to them, throughout the day. I also give the reflection a pep talk when necessary. I think it has made me more aware of how I behave even if mama is tired and ready for that nap! Be nice please, be kind, be patient. I am always modeling. Like it or not.
cursive writing and happy at the ease of it
sounding out letters better and better all the time
The YMCA had a Fall Festival complete with bounce houses, a train ride, small games for candy. This was on a Friday night so going out on a Friday night? Well, unheard of in our house. We did it though and were happy to do it. They enjoyed it for the most part. The weather also had changed from mosqitoes and humid to cool and dry..much better to enliven a night out.
More thoughts and memories to come...












Love the mirror idea. Must do.
ReplyDeleteGreat update. I love the rhythm of your days. Great job, mama!
I love your blog, Tracie! It's very inspirational. You are such a sweet mama! I am so excited about your new little one! It was so nice to hang out with you and Sarah this past Friday. Adult girl time is rare, and therefore, that much more precious.
ReplyDeleteThank you for readin Michelle. I too, very much enjoyed our girl's afternoon out. Mamas need that now and then, don't we? Let's do it again!
ReplyDelete