On Saturday, my phone, which is slippery as a fish, flew out of my hand, hit the driveway and shattered the beautiful glass front into at least fifty pieces. I have gotten a new one (thanks to insurance!) on the way in the mail but, am without my phone since Saturday evening. The sad part is that I had gotten used to using it as my primary camera too so these days, I cannot capture any of my world. The old digital camera had a lens malfunction and we never replaced it likely due to wanting to use cash somewhere else and that was about six or more months ago so...I had been using the company digital camera..just unloading my pics as I went and then my husband would reclaim it..it worked. OH well. Quite unexpectedly, without camera or phone, I actually like the change of pace. I read more aloud and to myself today. Maybe this is telling me something.
The photo on top? These are non-success or on the way to success knitting stories..not projects as both have been pulled out and re-wound for another day. But, the work has taught me that I am indeed a very tight knitter. The gray/blue one on top is a cowl that should be nice and lacy like this:
Or a closer up would be to go to this link, and then hover your mouse over the photo to see the lacy details. (If you are seriously that interested in my knitting choices!)The smaller, dark grey little rectangle is a beginning on a pair of mitts I was making for my sister for last Christmas..until I realized how much I hated knitting so tight and tiny! This is what they should look like:
I get it now. Gotta make adjustments for my tightness with my hands...wish the tightness was there when my boy bumped me accidentally and my phone went flying! oy!.......ahhhhh......moving on.....I am currently working on an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby (or adult but baby is small and will finish faster) Surprise Jacket and got some sage advice that using larger needles, at least one size up than any project recommends, would help with my tight weaving tendencies. Even so, I need to gauge swatch every time.
I may restart one or both of the above projects but for now, a cotton/linen sundress to knit for my girl is calling my name. ;-)
Cheers to carrying on, idiosyncrasies and all!
OH, and right now, boys are calling...seems our little cardinal bird mama in the backyard has some hatchlings tweeting!
No comments:
Post a Comment