Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For Ladies Only! ~ Mama Cloth

I warned you...yes, these are mama pads, mama cloth, cloth menstral pads made from Anna Maria Horner's flannels and some others. The prints are too pretty to be underthings but wanted to share them with you here because they are so pretty. This larger longer overnight design is a knockoff of Glad Rags overnight pad. I love the one I have so just made my own paper pattern and created these using old tee shirt jersey for the inside absorbent part for all the pads.
The piece that straps under your panties has that band across the center to hold an extra liner for more absorbancy. The touch tape I cut into either rounded rectangles or circles to hold the pad in place.

Here is the touch tape on a regular pad.

My rainbow of mama pad loveliness! Some to gift (to very special mama friends!) and some to update my mama cloth stash. I still need to find an old enamel ware pot with a lid to keep soiled pads in before wash day as they do wash up better with time sitting in water before wash day. These are easy to care for...just wash in warm water with any regular laundry soap, rinse twice and machine dry on high with a large bath towel to keep them tumbling and prevent tight wrinkles and you are ready to reuse.

So I warned you...hope you enjoyed the show! And if you read on anyway and were offended, disgusted, horrified, etc....I warned you!
Note: Regular pad pattern from Amanda Soule's Handmade Home.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful...almost to pretty to (ahem)...use them for what they were made for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that fabric choice. So, so pretty!
    I'm glad you posted this. You are the first person I knew who used mama pads. Taught me a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete