Our Scripture memory verse for now is:
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
-Hebrews 11:1 NASB
I tell you this because we have had some medical bills piling up lately. If you have been keeping up with out little family, with cancer recovery and ongoing treatment and care as well as the other incidents..well, it piles up. I know that many of my readers can relate too well. In fact last night, my M and I talked again about the bills and planning for paying them. I have become comfortable with unforeseen bills that one does not or cannot financially prepare for, you just pay it out as you go and as you can. After all, one cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip. Right? We are still on the baby steps of the Ramsey plan so will in time be more prepared.
$75,000
That is our half of M's hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) after insurance. Yes. I am not kidding. Enough to keep a good man awake at night. And now...the reason for my post. No, that number alone is not the reason.
Currently, as of today, M had a CT scan and has a 9am visit tomorrow to meet with pain management for alternatives for him and maybe find out if they want to biopsy his jaw. After gathering all that information, he decided to check in on the nearby hospital that administers the HBOT and check on what the insurance company may have come back with in payment for HBOT. In speaking with administration there, they informed him that he now owes nothing.
Nothing.
What?
Grace of God?
Are we patient lottery winners?
Who pays for it? There is no record of an anonymous donor. Hospitals are suffering and hemorrhaging it seems from millions who cannot/will not pay up. Don't get me started about illegal immigration! I don't understand. All M and I can do is be humbled before the Lord.
What else can one do in this case?
Isaiah 41:10
" Do not fear, For I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you,
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
1 Thes 5:18
"In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus."
Rom 8:31 & 32
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us
who is against us?
" He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over
us all, how will He not also with Him freely give is all things?"
WOW WOW WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteI am rejoicing with you here! That is amazing!
This really touches my heart, God is great!
ReplyDeleteAMEN!
ReplyDeletegoodness will always follow you and your family traci...:)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxoxoxo