I have had a good friend and her babies over for a few days. Attended my 5 yo cousin's birthday party in Austin with the necessary car ride with my three little ones..I was not prepared...I used everything in my purse for entertainment. We forgot the audio book. I brought knitting and a book to read aloud but was carsick....oh well. We had a visit from friends in Florida on Sunday and I grocery shopped and stopped at the library by myself..thank you M! Yesterday, I spent a long time in the backyard with the children. I wove decorative dried variegated ginger leaves into wreathes then tied satin ribbons on to make wind catchers. The boys, and the girl ran/walked around the yard to watch them stream. Last night, we, as a family, watched some Ice Dancing and qualifying for ski jumping in the 2010 Olympics. I really enjoy catching some of the events with the boys at night when everyone is fed, jammies on and ready for bed. Now to this morning.
We are expecting snow tonight. Yes, snow in Texas. Global schmobal warming. Quotable quotes: from G6, 'bad heaven is the lake of fire.' and, 'Mom, how much do you know about everything?' I think I want to hand embroider the first one for a couch pillow in my living room. The second one, well, I answered that I was still learning but I think I have had the chance to learn a lot. What would you say?
M had an appointment with the dental oncologist this morning. Just more routine cancer maintenance. M does have a fracture in his jaw from working to stretch it. He told him to take it easy. There is a recurrent infection in there though. This doc, as opposed to others on M's doc team (so far anyway), does not want to do corrective surgery for it. He is consulting with the others. Next week, on the 3rd, M and T1 and I will go in to discuss options with the lead Head and Neck surgeon.
T1 is teething pretty bad right now and W3, well, we would all love for him to get excited about potty learning (especially me and Daddy). ;-)
Scripture memory verse this week which is always very applicable:
'Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee.' -Psalm 55:22a
No comments:
Post a Comment