Monday, December 21, 2009

Boy Joy

A couple of days ago, I was driving up our street to our house and a neighbor, a few doors down, had a pile of trash on the corner of the yard obviously for the garbage man to pick up today. I slammed on the brakes when I spied this treasure.


Today, with warmer temperatures and while T1 napped, the boys and I got sponges and soapy water and swabbed the deck! I just made two 'telescopes' out of copy paper and drew a skull and cross bones on each. Next we need a pirate flag I think. Handmade treasure maps are in progress now at the kitchen table as I type.


M and I think this may be the best Christmas gift of all...and of course, it was FREE. Look how shiny and new after a good scrub. They did not know what they had....or rather, their kids just outgrew it and they were more than happy to get it out of their way.


Still crafting away and hope to post a bit of the fruits of my labors sometime. Merry Christmas countdown friends.

2 comments:

  1. WHOA! Santa came early! HAHA! Why would someone throw that away? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! They just did not want to deal with it I guess. We had to get a dolly just to wheel it home..it is big and awkward. You will come soon to play on it with us!

    ReplyDelete