Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Fun! Part 1


So as not to take this pagan holiday too seriously, we did dress up and go to a Fall Festival the weekend before Halloween with my sister and her kiddos. I had a friendly 'Debil' as W2 says it, and a fairly anatomically correct, protective older brother skeleton on my hands. I drew the bones (and the heart) with puffy paint the night before and just happened to find the necktie in my sewing stash. The 'Debil' necktie tail says 'naughty and nice'..very appropriate.

The skeleton, not totally impressed, did ask me for the legs to his skeleton...well, I did not get that far with his costume. He needs to help me make it next year I have decided! ;-) You just can't beat a Walgreens mask for $1 each though! I thought they reminded me of Picasso and some of his artwork from his days doing stage and costume design. I thought these masks were cool. I was a bit nervous bringing 'the Devil' to a church festival but ....we did not get kicked out so it was great!Surveying the land. What should we do? They have not gone trick or treating before since we lived so far out in the country or last year, I was too tired and pregnant or I just thought they were too young so this year, or I just don't want them begging for candy yet???? I am not sure exactly..... we did the fest and it was really a lot of fun once they got the hang of it all.
But first, lets just play on the 'new' playground..woo hoo!

We even had a pretty good wipe out that I caught on film..no tears..he was up and running right after this fall...and for G5, that is pretty good at dealing with life. Per usual, he would be so embarrassed about a fall like this one.
W2 trying his hand at ring toss. He was pretty good at it! Boys will be boys. More pics to come...we also did a 'spook night' at Mimi and Poppy's house instead of trick or treating on Halloween night.

1 comment:

  1. fun!

    we went trick or treating for the first time this year. dylin kept saying "I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!!'. it really was fun! they walked over a mile and crashed when we got home : )

    ReplyDelete