
So we are behind in planning our school work...but it is okay and we move steadily forward. We were putting together his Butterfly unit lapbook for review today and on his own, G5 began making his own lapbook from scrap. This is the front of one of the two.

He was displaying for the camera. The 'writing' is scribble. I suppose you could call it pre-writing.

Notice the tree drawing? He vacillates when doing an observation drawing saying, 'I don't have to look at it, it is in my head mom.' His drawing from his head is fine with me except when I want him to really look at something and sketch it. I failed to photograph a glitter glue picture he also made..it will need a month to dry there is so much glue!
It is a good thing this little lapbook from my boy who does not like to be too risky and too different from the rules...I see this as a good deviation.Again, showing you his mini books in his own handmade lapbook. Those are letter 'O's and letter lowercase 'i's on there. Not bad imitations of his review lapbooks. He declined to tell me what exactly these were about though. Maybe he will tell me tomorrow.
Love it! Jay is getting pretty crafty too. He will cut and color some! Makes me smile! =)
ReplyDelete