Yesterday, I took the last stack of tight denim jeans to the upscale resale shop down the road. I am tired of feeling like a sausage even though these are good quality, midrise denim jeans, they just were not comfortable. I need to be comfortable in my role as a busy wife and mother of four young ones. However, I want to feel pretty and feminine. A new top can just help me take on the world! I dove into Simple Modern Sewing last night. I have been dying for a chunk of uninterrupted time to make this puff sleeve blouse. I used a lightweight cotton linen so this is a woven pullover, a change of pace from mama tees. I did have to make alterations to get the fit right. The book is Japanese and Japanese women are tiny! I love it and hope to make another one soon. I was up until two a.m. But, its worth it. The pattern book is in my bookstore. Be warned, you do need some sewing skills and experience as this book leaves things out in the notes. I just used ideas I've learned over the years. Feeling pretty today! Got new linen fabric and another petticoat pant in the works too...and many more pants in the planning...gotta replace all that denim...oh, I do have one pair of denim jeans..I am American after all!

No comments:
Post a Comment