Monday, July 23, 2012

A mama knit

It's called The Twin Cities headband.  You can see the original pattern from my Ravelry link here (click that word "here" if you want to have a looky) as well as one more handmade photo of mine.  I looked at it at first and thought, no way will mine be as cute as the tutorial as many tutorials are not as cute in real life as they are in photos.  Click on "Twin Cities Headband" on the page to see the original..so super cute!!  I think the key to any project is to do more than one.  Make a first one, make notes, repeat.  Next step is to use more expensive materials.  I must be getting older, more mature??  As it seems this is the prudent thing to do.  It is not the most quickly rewarding thing to do though.  The norm is to rampage through using what I have and even using more expensive materials..first and then, oopsss.  It is more costly in sewing than in knitting as you know, if you know.  So, with that out of the way, this is my first one...I cast on a navy one in wool today...it is just the right pace, size and finishable (that is not a real word) type of knitting I can do right  now.  Do you want to make one?  Its just so...good.

No comments:

Post a Comment