We are, well the children are, getting over lingering illness. Fevers for days, runny noses, even sinus infection of one boy and now today, I seem to be succumbing to it. We have never had an illness, small illness, that takes this long. I know appetites are not normal right now. I try to remember the Immunoberry drops, vitamins, probiotics, borage oil. Pedialyte freezer pops anyone?
I did, with the support of my husband, manage some sewing. Its an escape from dragging on but not serious illness and, I am really tired of all the skin tight pant and top styles out there on the rack. This is all I have had a chance to photograph today. I rarely get photos taken of me but maybe I can get some more. Silly, dark photo but you can see the silhouette of this raglan top anyway. I put some sway in my hips to look sassy because that's how I feel in these tops, sassy and cute but not cutesey.
I have also constructed some pants. All patterns are from the book, Simple Modern Sewing. It is a Japanese sewing book which is translated to English. It's not easy. I have employed other finishing techniques I have garnered over the years from other patterns, sewing books and just paying attention to details and asking questions. I make acquaintances at JoAnns all the time! We talk sewing because we love it. This book leaves out details and that might frustrate a beginner sewist.
Back to that floor and the laundry and the dishes and the school lessons and the runny nose. I do love my life at home, I really do.
| Lovely neck casing detail, the best part of the top. |
What are you making these days? Please share a link!


Those came out great! It is very cute on you! About the messy floors...they'll still be there later. Seize the sewing moment!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would encourage me about the floors Mandi, thanks!! Yes, make this top, you must.
Deleteone more thing, I will sew anything Amanda reccommends, almost anything, right?!
Delete