![]() |
| Clone trooper shoes from Stride Rite ~ love from their Mimi |
One afternoon, while checking my inbox on email, I spied an email among the many undeleted ones, that was advertising a costume sale at a local children's resale shop that I frequent. The deal was to be there when they opened on Saturday morning. So, that is what we did. The boys asked more than once, "will there be a Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper and Tessa, she has to be Yoda!" Not her idea really but sounded good.
Low and behold, you will not even believe it. I should say, I did pray about this issue. If I can make them happy and do for them something that they really want and will enjoy and is harmless in my opinion then...by all means!
There they were....all three costumes! We had to manage a crowd of polite parents and children to get them. We were not grabby. We just happened to find them. The Stormtrooper helmet is all we got so I will have to come up with the body armor part...ideas anyone??? Help!! But once Gun spied it, it sat up on the top of the shelf for awhile until I could ask someone to get it down..it was pretty high up for me to reach even if not pregnant. We still got it. No one else seemed to want it. It was weird.
So here they are, bedecked and and ready, almost, for Halloween fun!
Aren't they cool!! Tess got a Little Bo Peep too just in case since she loves the color pink and did not ask to be Yoda. Darth will need to be altered a bit since it is sized for a ten year old...oh well, still a miracle in my opinion!
The best part, I paid $30 for all four costumes. Woot!! We are ready for fall fests and a little trick-or-treating now!
PS- After several days of playing with the Stormtrooper helmet (large enough to fit a full grown man!) he got a sore neck..thought I might have to take him to the chiropractor! But, not yet.


I love when those kind of things happen! Levi wanted to be Darth for ever. Now he's onto batman. I'm thinking maybe white sweat pants and white t-shirt for the storm trooper? That's what the kids wear when they play it around the house.
ReplyDelete