Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Feet

No, that is not a pine cone, it is my first baby bootie!

I sometimes think that if the fabulous knitter, crafter, Amanda Soule told me the best thing to knit was a car coat, for the car!!..I would do it.  I find that many patterns I have used based on her notes are just wonderful for me.  This is another one.  See my notes and get the Bernat pattern from here on Ravelry.  I really had a tough day yesterday.  Well, a normal mother of three, all under age 8, mama is 40 years old and 22 weeks pregnant and homeschooling while stuck inside with mentioned company, due to triple digit heat temps that seem to go on and on and on and on.....so, why not try a new knit made of soft sweet Merino wool?  Knitting really is my release, my escape, my perfect drug.  I keep several projects going and handy and truly, some days, only get a row or two on one project but, it is such sweet bliss!  I love, love, love my mornings before the sun comes up ...I have a warm drink, my Bible lesson on dvd and a simple knit to make me smile.  Sometimes those knits have to be put down to take notes and should be so I keep them simple or at least I have made the pattern before and, made the mistakes and corrected them or learned the needed stitch so I can focus on learning Bible while knitting.  Sometimes, the knitting wins and I have to relisten..need to discipline myself more on that one I think.  It is a tough call I tell you!!

Anyway, this is the first completed project for our new end of the year, winter time baby.  Hope you like!  I have cast on a new one for a new baby girl who was born in April and I know you are reading this mama! ;-)
Can't wait to see some sweet feet fill these up!  I think they will stay on too.  The cuff is snuggy and longer than many bootie patterns I have seen.

2 comments:

  1. You are too much, sweet friend! I can't wait to kiss those sweet baby feet you are growing and see Mia in beautiful little booties! Thank you! You are amazing! :) and yes, you would totally knit a car coat if amanda did...and I wouldn't blame you....
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Tiny little feet...

    ReplyDelete