![]() |
| Showing her to put the needle down through the top then back up through the back and back down through the top...well, she will get there. |
A gal who loves, teaches and learns, cleans up and gets messy, sews, knits and rips. These are my tracings.
Friday, July 29, 2011
The sewing lesson
She loves to be with me. And, I do love to be with her. The boys are wild outside with their Dad and she inside, listening to the whir of my sewing machine and taking part in it with me. Saying to me "mommy, I hep a you?" How can I resist?? So I took out an embroidery hoop and spread an old sheet scrap on it. In the past, she has used burlap but she seemed to want more, for me to increase the difficulty a little. I gave her a steel, blunt tip needle, pink (is there any other color in her life more beautiful right now?...No.) embroidery floss and then I lightly drew a letter "T" and began to stitch..then, she took over and loved the entire 5 to 8 minutes of it. So did I so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove the klipper too!