What a blessing it turned out to be! Both are machine stitched by the piece but hand quilted all the way! The top one is hanging out as a curtain over my bed for me to admire and to keep the heat off our bedroom for now. (there is another curtain behind to keep the sun bleaching at bay. And this floral lovely I envision on my daughter's bed but for now, it hangs out in the living room so I can see it daily. They are both quite frayed and even have some holes. I estimate they are at least 20 years old. Along with these two quilts were some knitting needles, yarn, fabric scraps that will show up in my small beginnings quilt and the lady who made these, in her own handwriting on post it notes, her plans for her next quilt. I know that my children will find bits like this one day when I am gone. Plans unfinished, hopefully to treasure, carry on and finish?... or at least, just remember Mom.
What a treasure.
PS ~ I need to get a better camera...these photos don't even do the details justice, not at all! |
No comments:
Post a Comment