Wednesday, March 23, 2011

::right now::


With laryngitis since last Saturday, this is how I am doing and thinking right now. It is just about torture for a literature based homeschooling mom of three pre-readers, to not read to her children and just about impossible but I have been forced to minimize it this week. I don't want them to suffer just because I do but man, this mama has to be creative! Thank you to Soulemama for her inspiration to blog even when there is so much going on that is somewhat unmanageable, yet, we make it through.

  • I am thankful for toddlers who love to "help"
  • I am thankful for audio books like E.B. White's Stuart Little and The Trumpet of the Swan
  • I am thankful for the wonderful live action movie, Milo and Otis
  • I am thankful for Stoneybrook Farms organic yogurt squeezers
  • I am thankful for http://www.starfall.com/
  • I am thankful for creative free play with cardboard boxes and construction paper
  • I am thankful for the start of a huge fort building project between the children and my husband
  • I am thankful that a unknown fracture in a mason jar did not harm me at all even though it could have been quite a serious kitchen injury
  • I am thankful for gluten-free boxed cereal
  • I am thankful for backyard nature study of geckos
  • I am thankful for contant, quiet knitting projects to work on while children ride bikes and explore out in our front yard and circle
  • I am thankful for nice librarians who know I cannot use my voice to manage my children (how embarrassing)
  • I am thankful for a boy who "hates" reading lessons but is loving sounding out words, everywhere he goes
  • I am thankful for planning and resources for composting and making fermented foods for better health and my desire to start fresh
  • I am thankful for living in the moment, right now

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? ~ Psalm 27:1

No comments:

Post a Comment