I love this pattern. Next time, I will get the ribbing stitches to line up. ;-) See my notes here.
I love how knitting can pass the lazy days of summer away...the children can play outside while I sit and knit along side them and think, and listen and talk with them as they play. I can jump up and play with them, help them, teach them and explore with them, then at the right moment to step aside, I pick up those needles and continue...I love the flow of it all.I thought it would be a hot, sticky handicraft in summer since this is the first summer I have knit anything. It is not. I guess I don't have sweaty hands. My face is another matter! So far, I have been creating stitches every single day. It has become as imperative to my day as Bible doctrine. As they say, it is, indeed meditative.
My elf would rather not wear a wool cap in July in Texas but, I know she will appreciate it next January...if it still fits....I may have to make another one...oh pity
This is my favorite knitted hat as well! I just love it! She looks precious!
ReplyDelete: )