



I have been re-evaluating my school routine the past two weeks or so...I set my standards so high and maintain a pretty good level of steady teaching that sometimes, I just need to take a break so I don't burn out. I did not even know I was approaching that point. It just crept up on me suddenly. I have read about other moms, one in particular here, who takes a "Grace Week" to do just this or rather, catch up on other things than things she is deliberately teaching..like her sewing work. Can we make that several weeks? I have a hard time totally letting go of our routine and schedule because my littles and I need it so much to keep order and happiness in our day. So, I have been letting go of some things that are extra and keeping the basic bone structure...food, Bible, chores, some reading and math and then basic daily dishes, laundry and some house cleaning as I can manage but other than that, new things that have been pushed aside rule the day. I do find regeneration is slowing down and re-connecting, looking closely to see what we have accomplished and where we need to go. I have learned that I don't really give myself enough credit as several women in my life have told me lately. Must be something to it if three of them said so right?
Today, we went to the library to drop/pick up books and stopped in on a story time. It still is not as good as Miss Lou Lou at the Brenham library but it was a good change of pace and we made a new friend I think. Gun took his first musical recorder lesson on dvd today. I have been wanting to get to it for weeks. That was fun for both of us and harder than I expected. Nothing too serious but definitely he seems ready for it. The boys spent last Sunday night with my parents just for fun and they spied a toy mom had saved back until they were older..you know the type. It is snow powder! Sodium polyacrylate to be exact. Explaining that this is not the same snow that God makes was fun. My children have not experienced lots of snow yet in their lives. This counts as science for sure! And with our sandbox turtle empty, temps outside 90 degrees and high humidity, what better thing to do on a hot June day in Texas..make snow!
I hope to explore some other things that have gotten to the back burner in the coming weeks as well as re figuring our routine. It was true when I first became a mother and it remains true now as they all grow and mature a little each day. One thing is certain. Just when I get a routine going, they change.
Happy hot summer ya'll!!
No comments:
Post a Comment