Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We examined the history of the original Thanksgiving on this child friendly, mother led interactive journey on the Mayflower here. We also made thank you paper coins to share and the boys dictated little things they were thankful for onto cards at the table. Poppy had a horrible toothache and was thankful for the pain..he said "I know I am alive!".
Poppy's dish maid.
Satisfaction.

Mimi's cooking is so comforting. Green beans and red potatoes, cheesy potato casserole, meatloaf and Honey baked Ham with crusty baked honey on the edges, green salad, red wine...yum! I only prepared clover rolls that really were not very good anyway...thanks Mom for your cooking!


A spiral of deliciousness.


Notice the abandoned clover roll.


They make better ears than food.




We are thankful for regular problems...Martin ate everything on the table this day!


We could have lived in Germany, Australia or somewhere else but living this close to where I grew up is simply wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful family! I know I have said this before but I'll say it again...I am so proud to be your friend! I love the clover roll moments...it's those precious little things that make life so wonderful! And so glad to hear that Martin ate Thanksgiving dinner...YAY! =) There is so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the time of year to recongnize all the things we overlook on a day to day basis.
    (I had a really good night sleep last night and feeling extra happy this morning...can you tell by my post?!?! I'm thankful for sleep...ahhh!)

    ReplyDelete